Devjani H. Mishra draws on more than 20 years of in-house and outside counsel experience to partner with management in creating scalable and efficient solutions to complex workplace challenges.
Prior to joining Littler, Devjani spent almost seven years as the primary in-house employment counsel for a global biotechnology company serving patients in more than 50 countries. Devjani brings this client-centered perspective to her work with companies of all sizes, from startups to multinational corporations, including :
- Planning and performing transactional due diligence, workforce integration and business restructuring
- Building corporate compliance and ethics programs, performing employment practices audits and managing internal investigations
- Supporting stakeholders in capturing best practices for recruiting, contracting, alternative staffing, performance management, and discipline
- Addressing requests for flexible work, accommodation and military, medical and family leaves of absence
Devjani is also an experienced litigator, and has successfully handled employment complaints from inception through trial in federal and state courts and agencies. She works closely with clients to set cost-effective defense strategy and to alleviate the business disruption that litigation can cause.
Prior to going in-house, she was a partner in the labor and employment practice of a national law firm. Devjani is a regular presenter on employment law topics before the American Bar Association, the Practising Law Institute and other professional forums.
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 1997
- B.A., Yale University, 1994
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, District of Vermont
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Annual Conference Track Coordinator, Labor and Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
- Director, South Asian Bar Association of New York, 2006-2010
- Member, American Employment Law Council
- Member, Women in Bio and BioCT
Rate : $$$$