Galyn Gafford is a Special Counsel in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm’s Dallas office. Galyn focuses his practice on patent, copyright and trademark litigation matters. He represents clients as both plaintiff and defendants in patent infringement actions throughout the United States, including numerous in the Eastern District of Texas.
Throughout his career, Galyn has represented some of the largest corporations in the world, including major financial institutions and medical device manufacturers. As a mechanical engineer and registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Galyn also practices in domestic and international patent prosecution. He is experienced in patent opinions, licensing agreements, and analysis of intellectual property aspects for corporate transactions and business.
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, 2003, magna cum laude,
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Sourthern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Represented national banks in patent infringement matter related to electronic messaging and storage platforms.
- Represented national bank in a patent infringement matter relating to electronic and remote telephone payment methods.
- Represented medical device manufacturer in asserting patent and trade secret infringement claims against various competitors.
- Represented national bank in multi-defendant patent infringement matter relating to interactive media and content on websites.
- Represented national bank in multi-defendant patent litigation concerning the compression and decompression of financial market data.
- Represented two national banks in a multi-defendant patent infringement suit relating to electronic financial payments via the Automated Clearing House (ACH).
- Represented national bank in multi-defendant patent infringement lawsuit relating to electronic financial record archival and retrieval.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
Rate : $$$$