An experienced litigator of patent infringement and other intellectual property and commercial cases, Don J. Mizerk helps clients navigate the rules of a complex regulatory environment in order to reach their business goals.
Don has extensive experience at the trial and appellate level litigating Hatch-Waxman statutory patent infringement and other actions involving prescription pharmaceutical drugs. These include Wellbutrin XL (bupropion), Intuniv (guanfacine), Megace ES (megestrol acetate), Dexilant (dexlansoprazole), Oxtellar XR (oxcarbazepine), Lidoderm (lidocaine), Ambien CR (zolpidem), Letairis (ambrisentan), Intermezzo (zolpidem), Livalo (pitavastatin), Strattera (atomoxetine), Androgel (testosterone), Axiron (testosterone), Restasis (cyclosporine), Adderall XR (mixed amphetamine salts), Clarinex (desloratadine), Amrix (cyclobenzaprine), Enablex (darifenacin), Cymbalta (duloxetine), Eliquis (apixaban), Luvox CR (fluvoxamine), Ryzolt (tramadol), Keppra XR (levetiracetam), Mirapex ER (pramipexole), Requip XL (ropinirole), and Wellbutrin SR/Zyban (bupropion).
Among Don’s considerable patent litigation forums are injunction hearings, Markman proceedings, trials, and appeals. He has represented clients in patent cases involving a wide range of technologies, including pharmaceuticals, aluminum alloys, silicon on insulator manufacturing, computer software and ergonomic computer accessories.
Before joining the firm, Don was Chief Assistant State’s Attorney in the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School
- B.A., Illinois Wesleyan University
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- American Prosecutors Research Institute, Bias Crime Project Advisory Committee, Board of Directors, 1995-1999
- Federal Circuit Bar Association, 1996-present
- Illinois Attorney General’s Office, transition team, 1994-1995
- National District Attorneys Association, Board of Directors, 1996-1997
Clerkship : The Hon. Harry W. Wellford, U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1988-1989
Rate : $$$