Barry J. Kearney, former associate general counsel of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), is of counsel in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. Barry’s career with the NLRB spanned 46 years, during which he helped decide some of the NLRB’s most difficult and important decisions in the agency’s role in enforcing the National Labor Relations Act.
Barry is active in the Developing Labor Committee in the Labor and Employment Section of the American Bar Association, where he was public co-chair of the committee for two decades.
He is the editor of the 4th, 5th and 6th edition of the labor law treatise Developing Labor Law. Barry earned his J.D. from St. Louis University and his M.B.A. in industrial relations from Syracuse University. He has a B.S. in business management from the University of Harford.
- St. Louis University, J.D., 1971
- Syracuse University, M.B.A., 1965
- University of Harford, B.S., 1964
BAR ADMISSIONS : Missouri; District of Columbia
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, Missouri Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Public Co-Chair of the Developing Labor Committee, Labor and Employment Section of the American Bar Association
- Member, Council of the American Bar Association Section of Labor and Employment Law, 2011-2016
- Fellow, Member, Board of Governors of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Past President (2010), College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
Rate : $$$