Donald E. Percival has a wide-ranging real estate practice with a focus on acquisition, joint ventures and financings. He represents investors, borrowers, lenders, managers and end users in the acquisition, development, financing, leasing and sale of commercial, residential and industrial real estate, including shopping centers, hotels and resorts, office buildings, apartment and condominium complexes, residential subdivisions, manufacturing facilities, energy generation and transmission facilities and warehouses.
He represents taxable and tax-exempt investors using a wide variety of debt and equity financing structures. Don regularly advises a $49 billion sovereign wealth fund in connection with all of its real estate investment activities.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Chair, Washington Limited Liability Company Act Drafting Committee, 1989-1994; Member, Washington State Bar Association Committee with oversight responsibility for Washington’s Limited Liability Company, Partnership and Limited Partnership Acts, 1989-present
- Chair, Ad Hoc Committee on Third-Party Legal Opinions, Business Law Section of the Washington State Bar Association, 2003-2006; served on a joint committee formed by the Washington State Bar Association’s Real Property, Probate & Trust Section and Business Law Section to produce a companion report on real property secured financing transaction opinions
- Guest instructor on the subjects of limited liability companies, choice-of-entity and drafting business documents, University of Washington School of Law
- Chair and Executive Committee Member, Business Law Section, Washington State Bar Association, 1996-97
- J.D., Stanford Law School, 1980
- Note Editor, Stanford Law Review
- M.S., Civil Engineering, Stanford University, 1978
- B.A., Geology and Political Science, Macalester College, 1976, summa cum laude
Rate : $$$$