Donald Forgey is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. Mr. Forgey has more than 30 years of experience specializing in civil litigation and insurance defense. His practice includes :
- Transportation: Defense of trucking and tow truck companies in serious vehicle accident cases. Member of firm’s “24-Hour Response Team” for prompt investigation of trucking accidents.
- Police Litigation: Successful defense of one of the police officers involved in the civil litigation arising out of the “LAPD Rampart Scandal”.
- General Liability: Served as counsel for Vons Markets in the personal injury and wrongful death claims filed in California arising out of the Jack-in-the-Box E. Coli food poisoning outbreak in the Western United States.
- Medical Malpractice: Represents physicians, nurses, hospitals, nursing registries, and other health care providers in medical malpractice litigation. He has handled malpractice cases in numerous areas including anesthesiology, cardiology, emergency medicine, family practice, surgery, internal medicine, oncology, neurology, nephrology, obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedics, plastic surgery, pediatrics, pulmonary medicine, pharmacology, radiology and urology.
Mr. Forgey is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), having tried 41 jury trials. He also arbitrated well in excess of 100 personal injury cases.
- Southwestern University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1977
- California State University, Northridge, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 1972
Admissions : State Bar Admissions, South Dakota
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- American Bar Association
- Adjunct Associate Professor – Southwestern Law School, 2013 – present
- President, Cowboy Lawyers Association, 2016 – present
Rate : $$$$