Dustin H. Thai is an associate in the Insurance Coverage Litigation Section. Dustin’s litigation practice includes complex coverage and bad faith litigation involving various types of insurance, including primary and excess directors & officers, employment practices liability, errors and omissions, and other professional and commercial liability policies.
Dustin is a member of Troutman Sanders’ Recruiting Committee and is involved in organizing recruitment efforts and summer associate programs for the Orange County office. He has also taken on a number of pro bono cases, most recently helping victims of domestic abuse obtain restraining orders and assisting in adoptions.
Dustin received his J.D. from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law in 2013 after attending the University of California, Los Angeles, graduating summa cum laude and receiving a B.A. in Political Science.
While in law school, Dustin was the Chief Productions Editor on the UCLA Asian Pacific American Law Journal and participated in the Street Law program.
Dustin also served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Stephen V. Wilson at the U.S. District Court in the Central District of California.
Professional Experience : Extern, Judge Stephen V. Wilson, United States District Court, Central District of California, 2012-2013
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 2013
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., summa cum laude, 2010, Political Science
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
Rate : $$$$