Edward (Ted) Kang is co-leader of Alston & Bird’s Government & Internal Investigations Team. His practice focuses on white collar defense and compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, False Claims Act, and Office of Foreign Assets Control sanctions.
Ted regularly represents companies and individuals under investigation by the Department of Justice (DOJ), Securities and Exchange Commission, and other federal and state enforcement agencies. He counsels and conducts internal investigations for clients in an array of industries.
Ted has a robust complex commercial litigation practice, particularly in the health care industry. He is an accomplished courtroom lawyer and has tried a dozen cases to verdict and argued cases before federal circuit courts.
Ted served for eight years as a federal prosecutor in the DOJ Criminal Division and at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Connecticut, where he prosecuted some of the department’s most high-profile fraud and public corruption cases.
Ted is frequently called upon to provide expert analysis on white collar matters, including for the Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal and as a television analyst for WUSA9-DC.
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Harvard University (J.D., 2001)
- Yale University (B.A., 1998)
- Edward Bennett Williams Inn of Court, Barrister
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Government Enforcement and Compliance Committee, co-chair
- National counsel for a global health insurance company in complex commercial litigation and arbitration matters.
- Representing individuals in connection with the special counsel’s investigation into Russian interference with the 2016 presidential election.
- Counsel for former state attorneys general as amici curiae in former Virginia Governor Robert McDonnell’s appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals.
- Counsel for pharmaceutical companies in a state False Claims Act lawsuit filed by a state attorney general relating to alleged misrepresentations regarding FDA approvals.
Rate : $$$$