Edward D. Vogel is a partner in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego office. Mr. Vogel’s practice has encompassed a variety of litigation areas with a focus on business litigation. Mr. Vogel has handled significant and current issues in the areas of creditor’s rights, mortgage banking, lender liability, healthcare, antitrust, receivership, unfair competition, commercial law and products liability.
He has handled numerous class actions and has been responsible for arbitrations and trials in the state, federal and bankruptcy courts, as well as appeals in both the state and federal appellate courts.
Mr. Vogel has handled appeals which have resulted in published opinions regarding lender practices in the mortgage industry, the automatic stay in bankruptcy proceedings, lender liability, good faith settlements in the products liability area and attorneys’ fees awards under the private attorney general doctrine.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, 1983
- B.A., Claremont Men’s College, 1980, with honors
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Southern, Central, Eastern and Northern Districts of California
- Past President, Member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program
- Master and Executive Committee Member, Louis M. Welsh Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Past Member of the Board of Directors, Association of Business Trial Lawyers San Diego Chapter
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, San Diego Chapter, Claremont McKenna College Alumni Association
Rate : $$$$