Elise Hyejin Yu works with clients in complex commercial litigation matters, including breach of contract, business torts, real estate, employment, and class actions. She has represented clients in federal court and has argued motions in state courts in Illinois and Michigan. Elise also brings experience drafting pleadings, discovery requests and responses, motions, and briefs.
- Successfully first-chaired arbitrations in multiple matters involving breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Briefed and argued a successful summary judgment motion in a declaratory judgment action on a shareholder agreement, resulting in a favorable settlement for the client.
- Assisted at trial in defense of accounting malpractice action.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2014
- University of Michigan, B.A., 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- State Bar of Michigan, Business Law and Litigation Sections
Rate : $$$