Pillsbury Litigation partner Eric Fishman maintains a diverse commercial litigation and arbitration practice with a focus on aviation-related litigation.
Known for his deep understanding of complex contract and business issues, especially in the aviation space, Eric represents leading aircraft manufacturers, airlines and aircraft lessors in large disputes arising from the design, build, financing, lease and sale of aircraft.
In addition, Eric handles litigation for financial institutions and companies regarding acquisitions, investments and risk-hedging products, and he defends companies alleged to have engaged in unfair business practices.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Defended Bombardier Inc. in a $40 million contract breach and fraud dispute arising out of an aircraft purchase agreement. After a five-week jury trial, Bombardier was found to have no liability.
- Represented Société Générale as the seller of protection under a credit default swap. The court held that a credit event did not occur and that the client had no payment obligations.
- Defending American Media in a multiparty, billion-dollar antitrust action. The case against the client was dismissed on summary judgment motion and is currently on appeal.
- Representing WestJet in dispute with LiveTV relating to the installation, servicing and removal of inflight entertainment systems.
- Represented Bombardier in connection with breach of contract and fraud claims arising out of purchase and sale agreement. Secured judgment on the pleadings.
- Represented Bombardier in protesting decision to disqualify contractor from bidding on rail procurement. Rail authority canceled the procurement in favor of a new RFP.
- Successfully prosecuted $200 million delay and disruption claim brought on behalf of manufacturer of high-speed trains.
- On behalf of thermometer manufacturer, secured preliminary injunction against trade dress infringement by a former distributor and an order compelling distributor to recall product from over 1,000 stores.
- Represented American Media in defending against conversion claims of photographers seeking damages for photographs destroyed in anthrax attack. Obtained summary judgment.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
- B.A., Yale University
ADMISSIONS : New York, Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd, 5th and District of Columbia Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
Rate : $$$