Mr. Eric J. Pelletier is a commercial litigation attorney who successfully defends clients in complex, high value commercial disputes, often resolving claims through pretrial motions. In addition to his work in commercial litigation, Mr. Pelletier regularly defends companies in various types of labor and employment claims.
Mr. Pelletier also handles estate litigation and insurance defense, coverage, and recovery matters. Mr. Pelletier is a business litigator who handles complex business litigation and litigation in many areas of law.
Mr. Pelletier has successfully represented plaintiffs and defendants in securities fraud litigation; successfully defended a national construction company in a million dollar fraud and consumer protection act claim; and, has successfully resolved a class action claim brought against a restaurateur who avoided potential eight-figure liability in FACTA litigation.
Additionally, Mr. Pelletier has represented insurance companies at the trial court level, and in appellate litigation in the United States Court of Appeals, securing outcomes favorable to the insurers. Mr. Pelletier also practices employment law and has successfully defended myriad employment discrimination and FLSA claims, often by dispositive motion. Although his emphasis is in business litigation, Mr. Pelletier’s experience includes estate-related litigation.
From 2015 to present Mr. Pelletier has been named to Maryland Super Lawyers, a list of attorneys who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
- J.D., The Catholic University of America, 1995
- B.A. (cum laude), University of Maryland, 1992
- District of Columbia
- United States District Courts for the Districts of Maryland and the District of Columbia
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the District of Columbia Circuit
- Since 2004, Mr. Pelletier has served as a Member of the Maryland Attorney Grievance Commission’s Peer Review Panel.
- December 2014 Presentation to Mental Health Association of Montgomery County, Maryland: Client/ Counselor Privilege
Rate : $$$