Eric Breslin is co-chair of the White-Collar Criminal Defense division of Duane Morris’ Trial Practice Group. Mr. Breslin concentrates his practice in the areas of complex commercial litigation and white-collar criminal litigation, representing a broad range of companies and individuals. Mr. Breslin is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, and a member of the ACTL’s New Jersey State Committee and the Federal Rules of Evidence Committee.
Mr. Breslin has tried a variety of criminal and civil matters to verdict in state and federal courts in New Jersey and elsewhere. He has also conducted numerous internal investigations for corporate clients.
Mr. Breslin is a former judicial clerk to the Honorable Robert N. Wilentz, Chief Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court, and he is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York. Mr. Breslin is a 1982 graduate, with honors, of George Washington University Law School and a graduate of Oberlin College.
- Represented an executive facing charges of failure to pay income taxes under N.J.S.A. 54:42-9 in a criminal investigation by the New Jersey Division of Taxation. No criminal charges were brought and the case will now be handled as a civil collections matter.
- Obtained a ruling for a sporting-goods manufacturer that reversed the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry Unemployment Compensation Division’s initial finding of an employer-employee relationship between the company and its seasonal workers.
- Represented several financial news letter publishers in criminal investigation and in subsequent civil litigation by Securities & Exchange Commission. Investigation resulted in no charges filed and civil litigation settled for nominal settlement.
- Represented company that performs background checks for alleged negligent failure to screen background of worker who murdered a customer of his employer. Effective defense yielded limited settlement contribution of $5,000.
- Handled internal investigation for law firm with employees suspected of inappropriately using computers for potentially criminal purposes. Determined size and scope of problem and recommended effective options for solving it.
- Represented individual in shareholder dispute involving alleged duties of selling shareholders. Obtained favorable result.
- Handled matter in state court for subsidiary of major transportation company sued by a worker who alleged serious injuries from an accident at an airport terminal. Obtained favorable settlement of $3,000.
- Represented individuals accused of securities fraud and defrauding the government as a result of stock transactions related to a defense contracting company.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., with honors, 1982
- Oberlin College, B.A., History, 1979
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Appointed to the Criminal Justice Act Panel, United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2016-2018
- Appointed to the New Jersey Supreme Court Criminal Practice Committee, 2013-2019
- National Trial Lawyers for Criminal Defense
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Rate : $$$$