Esther A. McKean focuses her practice on business bankruptcy, creditor’s rights, and commercial litigation. She helps creditors and trustees in bankruptcy proceedings recover assets, obtain relief from the automatic stay, and negotiate plan provisions.
Esther also represents debtors in bankruptcy proceedings and has significant experience in the restaurant, retail, and real estate sectors. She is Board Certified in Business Bankruptcy Law by The American Board of Bankruptcy Certification.
Esther also has significant commercial and foreclosure litigation experience in state court. She regularly represents local businesses in construction litigation, and lenders and servicers in foreclosure and receivership proceedings.
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 2006, cum laude, Book Awards: Non-Profits, Advanced Legal Research; Phi Delta Phi; Recipient of the Alexander L. Paskay Scholarship Award
- B.A., University of Central Florida, Legal Studies, 1997, magna cum laude, Golden Key Honor Society, Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association, Board of Directors
- Central Florida Inns of Court, Barrister Member
- Fred R. Wilson Memorial Law Library
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC), Member
- Orlando Science Center, Board of Trustees
- Seminole County Historic Commission
Rate : $$$