From planning through appellate litigation, Evan M. Hamme advises clients on all areas of state and local taxation, including income, franchise, excise, sales and use tax. Evan has significant experience representing taxpayers in audits, administrative proceedings, court litigation, and subsequent appeals.
In addition, Evan has helped clients understand and navigate through the state and local tax consequences of corporate structures and transactions, and defended such advice through subsequent audit and litigation.
Evan’s broad experience provides him with the perspective needed to aid clients with tax issues at any stage and in any forum. Prior to joining Pillsbury, Evan practiced state and local tax as an associate at a major law firm in New York City.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Obtained multi-million dollar refunds prior to administrative hearing for health services company in matter analyzing the propriety of New York State combined reporting.
- Advised major retail company on restructuring transactions and successfully defended such advice in multiple audits and administrative proceedings.
- LL.M., Taxation, New York University School of Law, 2014
- J.D., The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, 2012
- B.A., Philosophy, Franklin and Marshall College, 2008
ADMISSIONS : New York
CLERKSHIPS : Law Clerk to the Honorable Craig Johnston, Circuit Court of Virginia, Thirty-First Judicial Circuit (2012-2013).
Rate : $$$