Eve M. Brunts assists a diverse array of health care clients with reimbursement, clinical research, regulatory and compliance matters. Eve regularly advises health care providers, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, and managed care organizations on issues such as Medicare and Medicaid coverage, claims and payment requirements for a variety of services; government regulation and funding of clinical research; reimbursement for health care services in clinical trials; managed care contracting and state managed care laws; federal and state fraud and abuse laws; and federal and state laws regulating manufacturer interactions with providers.
Eve works with corporate partners on corporate transactions and government enforcement partners on government investigations when those matters involve the health care industry by providing regulatory and reimbursement advice.
- JD, Yale Law School, 1995
- BA, magna cum laude, Yale University, 1992
- LLM, Cambridge University, 1997
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 1996
- Clinical Research: Eve has worked with pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers and research institutions to develop policies, procedures and forms for the conduct and funding of clinical research, including policies related to billing third party payers for clinical trial services. Eve provided federal and state regulatory advice to a pharmaceutical manufacturer in connection with the development of the first-ever randomized clinical trial under an investigational new drug application that manages study participation entirely using electronic tools.
- Compliance Advice: Eve routinely works with compliance officers and in-house counsel from health care providers as well as pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers to identify and address compliance concerns by providing advice on substantive legal issues, industry better practices and processes for resolving compliance concerns.
- Government Investigations: Eve has assisted colleagues in the government enforcement group in the defense of pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers and health care providers under government investigation by providing advice on Medicare and Medicaid coverage and reimbursement of drugs (including obligations under the Medicaid drug rebate program), devices and other services.
- Government and Private Payer Reimbursement: Eve has helped health care providers and pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers decipher complex coverage, coding and payment policies of government health care programs to ensure appropriate billing or to understand a product’s reimbursement potential.
Rate : $$$