Frances V. Ryan manages mutual funds in all day-to-day areas. She gives advice regarding complex issues arising under the Investment Company Act of 1940, other federal securities laws, and general business matters.
She manages yearly investment company SEC filings necessary to update prospectuses and participates in organizing new portfolios and new classes of shares.
Fran has practiced in this area for more than 6 years. She previously worked in commercial litigation as well as in development and communications in the non-profit legal community.
Fran regularly advises clients in matters relating to the registration and regulation of investment companies, their independent trustees and investment advisers. She participates in organizing new portfolios, new classes of shares, as well as handling liquidations and reorganizations. Her experience includes representing :
- Registered Investment Companies. Fran advises clients on the federal securities laws pertaining to the formation, registration and ongoing operations and compliance of mutual funds. She reviews and revises yearly investment company SEC filings necessary to update prospectuses, counsels clients with respect to their shareholder and other SEC required reports and assists with the preparation of quarterly and special board meeting materials
- Independent Trustees. Fran assists in advising independent trustees on issues arising under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the Investment Company Act of 1940, as well as various fund governance and compliance issues.
- Investment Advisers. Fran counsels investment advisers with respect to their obligations under federal and state securities laws.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 1980, cum laude
- Boston College, B.A., 1977, summa cum laude, Order of the Cross and Crown, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$