Frank A. Ciatto is a business attorney who assists entrepreneurs with existing and new business ventures. Frank’s legal knowledge and practical experience are important in helping owners and investors realize the full value of their ideas and investments.
He focuses on corporate and partnership structuring, mergers and acquisitions, limited liability companies, private equity investments, tax and accounting issues, business divorces, and succession planning.
Frank drafts and negotiates key business documents, such as merger agreements, limited liability company agreements, partnership agreements, stockholder agreements, executive employment agreements, severance agreements, stock-option plans, grant agreements, and other corporate agreements.
He serves as corporate counsel to entrepreneurs and individual investors in a number of industries, including hedge funds, financial services providers, auto dealerships, publishing, securities companies, professional consulting firms, software and technology providers, hospitality, law firms, and other professional service providers.
In addition to his legal work, Frank is a certified public accountant, formerly with Coopers & Lybrand (now PricewaterhouseCoopers) in New York – experience that often adds value to his clients’ transactions.
- Served as sellers’ counsel in the sale of Praxis Engineering Technologies Inc. to SCRA, LLC (now General Dynamics Information Technology)
- Served as counsel for DOAR Consulting, a trial strategy consulting firm, in a management buyout of private equity interests
- Served as purchaser’s counsel for SAGE Publications, Inc. in the sale of the assets of its CQ Press imprint First Street, and Professional Directories business lines to Leadership Directories, Inc.
- Served as purchaser’s counsel in the redemption of a majority of the stock of the founder of CHL Business Interiors
- Served as seller’s counsel for Kastle Holding LLC, the owner of Kastle Systems International LLC, in the sale of Kastle Security Systems, a major security systems firm
- Represented a leading food and beverage brands operator in licensing, franchising, joint venture, real estate, and IP matters related to its worldwide travel locations
- J.D. Georgetown University Law Center 1994
- B.A. cum laude Georgetown University 1988
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, New York
Professional Memberships :
- Member, American Bar Association, Corporations Section, Mergers & Acquisitions Subcommittee
- Member, DC Bar Association, Corporations Section.
- Served in various capacities on the board of governors, Georgetown University Alumni Association, since 2003; served as treasurer for the period 2014-2018 and recently elected president-elect, Georgetown University Alumni Association
- Co-teaches “Ethics & Leadership,” a summer class for the Fund for American Studies at George Mason University
- Serves as communications chair of his undergraduate class at Georgetown University
Rate : $$$