Matthew M. Dudley is a member of the firm’s Policy Committee (Executive Committee) and is a former Chair of the firm’s Recruiting Committee. Matt provides legal counsel to real estate owners and developers, and general businesses with commercial real estate needs.
He has extensive experience negotiating commercial real estate leases all around the country, and he has represented a variety of entities, including emerging companies and international, multi-billion dollar businesses.
- Represented large special servicer in all leasing matters and day-to-day real estate needs after foreclosure of various retail, office, and industrial properties.
- Represented owners of retail shopping centers in negotiation and modification of leases with anchor tenants, outparcel tenants and in-line tenants, including leases with Target, Staples, Office Depot, Micro Center, Petco, PetSmart, Kohl’s, Ross Stores, H&M, Lane Bryant, The Limited, The Children’s Place, JoS. A. Bank, Michael’s, Hancock Fabrics, Dollar Tree, Goodwill, Harbor Freight, Roses, Party City, Good Year Tire, Blockbuster, Pier 1, CVS, T-Mobile, AT&T, Vitamin Shoppe, Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse, McDonald’s, and various other national restaurant chains.
- Represented owner of retail shopping center with negotiation of grocery anchor and fuel station lease.
- Represented owners of regional enclosed shopping malls and outlet malls in negotiation and modification of lease with anchor tenants, outparcel tenants, in-line tenants and kiosk tenants.
- Represented owners of retail shopping centers in negotiation of ground leases with national companies such as CVS, Texas Roadhouse and Auto Zone and with various regional and local companies.
- Represented owners of office, flex and industrial commercial properties in negotiation of leases, including Home Depot, Marriott Corporation, Northrop Grumman, Booz Allen, AAA and various GSA leases.
- Represented publicly traded REIT in acquisition, sale, leasing and development of Class A suburban office properties, flex properties and industrial properties.
- Represented franchisee of a national restaurant company with several restaurants throughout Virginia and North Carolina in acquiring and developing sites and leasing outparcels and in-line spaces at shopping centers, and ultimately in sale of business.
- Served as local counsel for shopping center investors and international railroad company in multi-million dollar loans secured by real estate in Virginia and other jurisdictions.
- Represented businesses in acquisition of owner-occupied office buildings, including acquisitions financed by loans made under programs offered by the Small Business Administration.
- Represented investor group in creating and structuring tenant-in-common ownership of various investment properties.
- Represented owners of hotel properties in obtaining loans to acquire and develop hotel and in sale of hotel.
- J.D., University of Virginia, 2004
- B.S., Brigham Young University, 2001
- Hampton Roads Association for Commercial Real Estate (HRACRE)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Virginia State Bar
- Norfolk Portsmouth Bar Association
Rate : $$$$