Freddie Pitcher Jr. practices in the areas of commercial, appellate and toxic tort litigation, insurance coverage and alternative dispute resolution. In addition, he serves as a professor of law at Southern University Law Center.
Mr. Pitcher most recently served as Chancellor of the Southern University Law Center from 2002-2015. He also served on the Louisiana First Circuit Court of Appeal, where he authored more than 200 judicial opinions.
He was a judge for the 19th Judicial District in Baton Rouge; an associate justice ad hoc on the Louisiana Supreme Court; a special counsel in the Office of the Attorney General for the State of Louisiana; and an assistant district attorney for East Baton Rouge Parish.
- Southern University Law Center
- J.D., 1973; President, Student Bar Association
- Southern University and A&M College
- B.A. in Political Science, 1966
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
Rate : $$$