Mr. Frederick W. Alworth currently serves as the Vice Chairman of the New Jersey State Ethics Commission, and is also a past president of the Essex County Bar Association, New Jersey’s largest and oldest county bar association. He is Team Leader of the firm’s General Equity practice and has extensive trial experience in all aspects of civil litigation, appearing regularly as trial counsel before state and federal courts, as well as the American Arbitration Association.
He recently defeated a challenge to a $1.1 billion bond issuance, which is part of a larger $2.7 billion financing package involving one of the largest public-private development projects on the East Coast. Mr. Alworth has served as lead trial counsel in business and real estate related litigations throughout New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Arizona, Wisconsin, Nevada, Virginia, and Florida.
He frequently lectures for the Institute for Continuing Legal Education and presently serves as Vice Chair for the Equity Jurisprudence Committee of the New Jersey State Bar – routinely involved in emergent and expedited proceedings involving injunctive relief.
Prior to joining Gibbons, Mr. Alworth served as a law clerk to the Honorable Harry A. Margolis, Presiding Judge for the Chancery Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Essex County, and since then has earned the trust of the judiciary and the bar, serving as court appointed counsel on numerous matters and as a Condemnation Commissioner for property condemned by the New Jersey Department of Transportation due to the change in infrastructure for the New Jersey Performing Arts Center.
Committed to the public interest and the community, he served as the firm’s pro bono coordinator for over five years, overseeing cases relating to children’s rights, domestic violence, 9/11 recovery for families, assistance for military families, and rights for disabled citizens. He is active in several philanthropic/charitable and athletic organizations throughout New Jersey.
- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude)
- Research Assistant to Professor Daniel A. Degnan
- University of Connecticut (B.A., cum laude)
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Member of Governor Christopher J. Christie’s Transition Team, Department of Law & Public Safety, 2009-2010
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Present Vice Chair, Equity Jurisprudence Committee, 2011 – present
- Member, Civil Trial Section
- Essex County Bar Association
- Prior President, Secretary, Treasurer
- Prior Chair, Equity Jurisprudence Section
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education
- Lecturer, Chancery Practice, Injunction Practice, Restrictive Covenant, and Shareholder
- Litigation, Debtor Creditor Practice
- Court Appointed Counsel in numerous cases by ten different judges of the Superior Court of New Jersey
- Present Vice Chairman, New Jersey State Ethics Commission
Rate : $$$$