Gary A. Bryant is the head of the firm’s litigation practice. He focuses on complex litigation matters, with an emphasis on commercial, construction, environmental and transportation litigation, including preemption matters.
Gary has represented clients throughout the country, and has litigated at the trial level in California, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia. He has handled mass tort litigation, including class action and MDL matters.
Gary monitors high-risk trials as appellate counsel on behalf of catastrophic loss insurers. In addition, he has handled appeals to the Virginia Supreme Court and Maryland Court of Appeals, as well as appeals to the Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals and to the Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia.
For more than 25 years Gary has served as an adjunct professor of law at Regent University teaching environmental law, antitrust and trade regulation, appellate practice and Virginia law and procedure.
- Represents various entities in complex commercial disputes, including contract litigation as well as litigation arising out of the acquisition and development of real property.
- Represents entities and individuals in litigation involving alleged fraud, breach of fiduciary duties, business conspiracies and other commercial torts.
- Represents individuals and entities in matters involving the contamination of property, including soil and structures, and the contamination of ground, surface and processed water.
- Represents transportation companies, including railroads, in matters arising out of the transport of hazardous materials, and has litigated liability for the improper manufacture, packaging, and loading of hazardous materials, liability for failing to maintain or inspect equipment used to transport hazardous materials, responsibility for documentation of hazardous materials and the cause or causes for the release of hazardous materials during transport.
- Represents transportation companies, including railroads, in matters involving preemption under the Interstate Commerce Commission Termination Act, the Federal Rail Safety Act and the Hazardous Materials Transportation Act.
- Represents municipalities in matters involving municipal liability generally, construction contract disputes, land use and environmental law.
- J.D., Washington & Lee University, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Editorial Board, Washington & Lee Law Review, 1987
- American Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association
- Norfolk Portsmouth Bar Association
- Chesapeake Bar Association
- Member of the Board of Governors of the Virginia State Bar Environmental Section
- Permanent Member, Boyd-Graves Conference
- Past-Chair of the Board of Governors of the Litigation Section of the Virginia State Bar
- Past-President of the Norfolk and Portsmouth Bar Association
Rate : $$$