Genie Tu focuses her practice on complex patent litigation between technology companies and against non-practicing entities. She holds a M.S. in Electrical Engineering. Her technical experience covers a diverse range of technologies, including next generation wireless communications, e-commerce, system security, semiconductor devices/circuits, medical devices, and oil drilling and production.
In particular, Genie has extensive experience with issues relating to standard essential patents. On the corporate and business side, she helps with domestic and international IP transactions, including merger & acquisitions and technology licensing negotiation.
- Represented a number of U.S. and China major wireless communication companies in patent litigation defense relating to standard essential patents and wireless chip design.
- Represented a U.S. wireless tech company in patent litigation defense in the Eastern District of Texas relating to wireless image processing technology.
- Represented a Taiwan-based PC company in patent litigation defense in the Eastern District of Texas relating to computer security system.
- Assisted a U.S. major wireless communication company with unfair competition investigation by foreign government entities.
- Represented a Chinese technology research institute and U.S. medical device company in Re-examination and Appeal proceedings relating to optical devices and medical devices.
- Represented a U.S. Fortune 500 Conglomerate performing on-site IP due diligence in an acquisition of a Chinese medical device company.
- Washington University School of Law, LLM, 2009
- National Chiao Tung University, LLM, 2008
- National Chiao Tung University, MS, Electrical Engineering, 2006
- National Chiao Tung University, BS, Electrophysics, 2004
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association
Rate : $$$