George Mahfood has 40 years of trial and appellate experience in state and federal courts, for civil and criminal matters, involving securities, intellectual property, insurance, contracts, real estate, products liability, class actions, criminal defense, and environmental matters.
He has represented corporate officers, shareholders, and businesses in litigation involving securities claims, corporate control, corporate valuations, fiduciary duty, trade secrets, contracts, real estate developments, and environmental regulatory actions.
He has defended individuals in Securities and Exchange Commission enforcement actions arising from real estate and viatical investments.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, JD (1978)
- University of Pittsburgh, BA, Economics and Political Science (1975)
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Obtained multi-million dollar recoveries in federal trademark counterfeiting claims on behalf of multi-national luxury brands
- Obtained multi-million-dollar recoveries in catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases involving defective products, psychiatric malpractice, aviation crashes, and general negligence
- Obtained multi-million-dollar recoveries in commercial litigation, arbitrations, and class actions for securities fraud, insurance, and banking matters
- Defended individuals and businesses in federal and state grand jury investigations and prosecutions involving white collar and general criminal matters
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc.
Rate : $$$