Two years in a Baltimore classroom with Teach for America created a base for George Stewart’s solid litigation skills: being prepared, understanding the audience and thinking on his feet. George has experience litigating bid protests before the Government Accountability Office.
He’s advised and represented construction claim disputes before state and federal courts, arbitration panels and both the Armed Services and Civilian Boards of Contract Appeals. Clients and matters include owners, contractors and subcontractors, IT acquisitions, military installations, power plants, hospitals and bridges in both the public and private sectors.
As an attorney, he continues to pursue his passions for history, reading, logical argument, analysis and writing as he once did in the classroom. What George finds rewarding about being an attorney is helping clients discover remedies that allow them to fully exercise their rights under the law.
- Performs all phases of discovery and trial preparation, including drafting substantive motions, and preparing witnesses for deposition and trial.
- Counsels clients in settlement discussions and drafts mediation statements and memoranda outlining alternative dispute resolution strategies.
Community Leadership :
- Teach For America, 2011 Corps Member in Baltimore City Public Schools
- Boy Scouts of America, Eagle Scout
- J.D., George Washington University Law School
- M.S., Johns Hopkins University
- B.A., George Washington University
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- Virginia Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law
- Court of Federal Claims Bar Association
Rate : $$$$