A former patent attorney for American food conglomerate Quaker Oats, Gerald T. Shekleton works with a number of food companies. His practice concentrates on patents, trademarks and copyright matters.
He also regularly counsels clients on intellectual property litigation matters and has worked on investigations before the International Trade Commission (ITC). Within the food industry, Jerry’s specific experience includes :
- Patenting human foods, pet foods and food packaging.
- Trademark filing for various food and food-related products.
Jerry has particular knowledge and experience in several areas: organic and inorganic chemistry, particularly catalytic systems and semiconductors, food chemistry and a wide variety of other technologies in the mechanical and chemical arts.
His practice is also international in scope, with substantial experience in Europe, Asia and Australia, in addition to North America.
- J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law Cleveland State
- B.S., Xavier University
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- American Bar Association
- American Chemical Society
- Chicago Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
Rate : $$$