Ha Kung Wong practices general intellectual property law, with an emphasis on complex patent and trade secret litigation in pharmaceuticals, biologics, and chemistry. Ha Kung has litigated cases related to proton pump inhibitors, anti-epileptic drugs, anti-tussives, RNAi, eye care products, and a host of other pharmaceuticals.
He has extensive experience with inter partes review (IPR), post-grant review (PGR), intellectual property counseling, pre-lawsuit investigations, and IP transactions, including licensing and due diligence.
- Represented Alkermes against Luye Pharma on a patent related to injectable microsphere formulations for treatment of a variety of indications, including schizophrenia
- Represented Allergan against Wilshire, Somerset, and Aurobindo on patents related to ophthalmic formulations of alcaftadine, for once-daily treatment of allergic conjunctivitis
- Represented AstraZeneca against Andrx, Genpharm, Dr. Reddy, and Schwartz Pharma on patents related to omeprazole and its formulations
- Represented GlaxoSmithKline against Barr Pharmaceuticals on patents related to dutasteride, a leading BPH drug
- Represented UCB and Celltech against KV Pharmaceutical on patents related to methylphenidate hydrochloride, an ADHD medicine.
- J.D.cum laudeUniversity of Notre Dame Law School1999
- B.S.ChemistryHigh DistinctionUniversity of Illinois Urbana-Champaign1996
- B.S.BiochemistryUniversity of Illinois Urbana-Champaign1996
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Community : Member, Venable Board
Rate : $$$$