Hal Katz is a creative thinker, guiding his clients when it comes to business building and problem-solving. He sees both the big picture and specific issues as clients evaluate joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, contract negotiations or long-term planning.
Hal has focused his practice on the healthcare industry during the last 20 years, representing for-profit, nonprofit and governmental entities. He has been on the front line of healthcare evolution and innovation, witnessing firsthand successes and failures at both the industry and business levels. He uses his extensive knowledge to help clients navigate the complexities of the healthcare industry and benefit from lessons learned.
Hal appreciates the opportunity to serve his diverse clients, which range from big to small and from established businesses to startups. He understands the unique needs and objectives of his clients and does not take a “one-size-fits-all” approach when developing a client relationship.
As a recognized authority, Hal is regularly asked by industry leaders to lecture on corporate, transactional and regulatory issues, including business startups, healthcare evolution and collaborations between for-profit and nonprofit businesses.
- Advised a regional multispecialty orthopedic group on expansion into the Southeast United States, along with its associated service line management and trauma coverage arrangements.
- Represented a multicounty network of physicians and hospitals in creating an accountable care organization (ACO) under the Medicare Shared Savings Program and in developing clinical integration for purposes of contracting with commercial third-party payors.
- Served as outside general counsel to a private equity-backed multi-state ophthalmology, optometry and surgery center enterprise.
Community Leadership :
- Community Advancement Network, Board of Directors, 2017-2018
- New Milestones Foundation, Board of Directors, 2017-present
- Integral Care, Board of Trustees, 2011-2018, Chair, 2018-present
- Spine Hope, General Counsel, 2017-present
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin
Admissions : Texas
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section, Chair-elect, 2019-2020
- American Health Lawyers Association
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, Health Law Section, Chair, 2018-2019
- Texas Bar Association, Health Law Section, Vice Chair, 2017-2018.
Rate : $$$