Henry D. Benton is an associate in Locke Lord’s Dallas office, where his practice focuses on corporate law and oil, gas and energy law including mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, upstream and midstream transactions and corporate governance.
He has experience in representing private companies and private equity funds across several industries, including real estate, hospitality, healthcare, oil & gas and technology.
Representative Experience :
- Assisted in representing Matador Resources Company and its midstream affiliate San Mateo Midstream, LLC in long-term crude purchase contracts and crude transportation contracts with affiliates of Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
- Assisted in representing private equity funds in acquisitions and investments through leveraged recapitalizations and management buyouts
- Assisted in representing Matador Resources Company in a group of long-term natural gas, crude oil and produced water midstream contracts with San Mateo Midstream LLC involving Matador’s properties in the Delaware Basin
- Assisted in representing a leading private investment firm with over $70 billion of assets under management and a number of its portfolio companies in connection with a broad array of commercial transactions
- Assisted in representing global hospitality and travel company in its sale of national restaurant chain
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
Community Leadership :
- Member, University of Oklahoma College of Law Young Alumni Board
- Member, Elizabeth Toon Charities Shootout Committee
- J.D., University of Oklahoma College of Law, 2013
- B.A., Journalism and Public Relations, University of Oklahoma, 2008
Admissions : Texas, 2013
Rate : $$$