Ivy Cadle represents business owners, land owners and lenders in legal matters concerning real estate. In his eminent domain practice, Ivy represents clients with interests across the southeastern U.S. Ivy helps those clients answer condemnation charges so they receive appropriate compensation for their property. To date, he has helped clients to secure more than $18 million in payments.
In addition to his robust litigation practice as an attorney, Ivy is also a licensed certified public accountant in Georgia. His experience as a CPA provides him with a deeper understanding of commercial real estate and intangible real estate value.
It also affords him a unique perspective to assist clients with conservation easements including issues involving land use, pass-through entity donors, compliance with federal and state securities laws, and tax planning.
Ivy also serves clients in the telecommunications industry who need approval of their projects by local zoning authorities. Ivy’s extensive litigation experience includes business disputes for small and mid-size companies in the manufacturing, real estate, and financial services and mortgage servicing sectors.
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, J.D., 2007
- University of Georgia, Masters in Accounting, 2002
- University of Georgia, B.S., 2000, cum laude
- Georgia, 2007
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, 2008
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia, 2010
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2012
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia, 2013
Representative Matters :
- Settled on the eve of trial a case involving the taking of 14 acres of undeveloped land used as part of a Christian camp in North Georgia. The settlement was for $1.25 million dollars, which represented an amount 800 percent higher than sums paid into court by the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT).
- Tried to a successful conclusion a case involving the taking of one of three access drives to an interstate-oriented convenience store on I-95 South in coastal Georgia. Obtained judgment in excess of one million dollars, which represented a 400 percent increase over GDOT payment into the court.
- Settled a case in central Georgia that involved an interference with parking area for and access to a general commercial/retail building and further development on the site. The settlement was for an amount 280 percent higher than sums paid into court by the GDOT.
- Successfully mediated an eminent domain matter for an internationally-owned convenience store chain in north Georgia. The case involved a partial loss of access that would cause the site to be unusable as a convenience store. The case settled for $1,075,000, which represented a 142 percent increase over GDOT’s original pay-in to the court upon filing the declaration of taking.
- Tried to successful conclusion jury trial involving damage to access to hotel property in central Georgia. Jury award resulted in recovery 400 percent higher than sums offered by the GDOT.
- Settled cased on behalf of interstate oriented convenience store owner by negotiating for the restoration of a driveway to maintain critical access to fuel dispensers and where the business received nearly twice as much compensation for the real estate taken.
- Second chair at jury trial resulting in a jury verdict for business losses and real estate damages that, with interest, were 100 percent higher than the GDOT estimate of damages paid to the clerk of court.
- Settled case at mediation involving taking of nearly 8 acres of land in Gwinnett County for the construction of the Sugarloaf Parkway by Gwinnett County. Settlement was 170 percent of County’s initial estimate of compensation paid to the clerk of court.
- Assisted with settlement negotiations related to the condemnation for taking of right of way for access road constructed for new automobile assembly plant in west Georgia. Settlement was for $1.3 million; a 228 percent increase over GDOT’s court pay-in.
- Settled matter on behalf of community bank involving an eminent domain taking of frontage and the relocation of their primary sign.
Professional Honors & Activities :
- Member – Atlanta Lawyers Club
- State Bar of Georgia
- Board of Governors, Macon Judicial Circuit
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Section – Chair (2017 – 2018); Chair-Elect (2016 – 2017); Secretary/Treasurer (2015 – 2016)
- Advisory Committee for Legislation – Member
- State Bar of Georgia – Young Lawyers Division
- Member – Board of Directors (2011 – 2012; 2013 – 2014)
- Member – Leadership Academy (Class of 2009)
- Macon Bar Association
- Past President – American Inn of Court, William Augustus Bootle Chapter
- Member – Executive Board, Central Georgia Council of the Boy Scouts of America and Eagle Scout
Rate : $$$$