Jake Monk is an associate in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Insurance Law and Appellate Practice Groups. Jake regularly represents insurance carriers and other corporations in trial and appellate matters. Before entering private practice, Jake clerked for the Honorable F. Rand Wallis and Honorable Bruce W. Jacobus at Florida’s Fifth District Court of Appeal.
During his time at the court, Jake taught legal writing courses and a senior seminar as an adjunct faculty member for the University of Central Florida’s Department of Legal Studies and Barry University’s Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law.
While in law school, Jake interned with the Appellate Division of the Public Defender’s Office in the Eleventh Judicial Circuit and completed a health law externship. He also competed nationally and won first place brief for appellate advocacy in moot court.
Prior to practicing law, Jake spent several years working in consulting and project management with hospitals and regional physician networks that transitioned from paper to electronic medical records. He has experience training on medical systems and best practices in clinical charting, administrative systems, and medical billing.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2012
- University of Miami Business Law Review
- Charles C. Papy, Jr. Moot Court Board
- Oralist and Brief Writer, Robert Orseck Memorial Moot Court Competition
- University of Miami Health and Elder Law Clinic
- Ohio State University, B.S.B.A., Corporate Finance and Investments, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Rate : $$$