James A. Timko is a partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen, where he is a member of the Creditors’ Rights/Bankruptcy Practice Group and a business litigator. He’s also a certified circuit civil mediator. James represents creditors, debtors, secured, lenders, mortgage companies, landlords, franchisors, bankruptcy trustees and other business enterprises in chapter 7 and chapter 11 bankruptcy cases and in assignment for the benefit of creditors cases.
He’s represented creditors in bankruptcy cases across the country, including Florida, California, Texas, Delaware, New York, and Pennsylvania. James also has significant experience resolving general commercial disputes, including copyright disputes. He’s also represented institutional lenders in connection with asset based lending transactions and real estate transactions.
A national speaker and author on creditors’ rights and bankruptcy law, James is the former president of the Florida chapter of the Turnaround Management Association, the premier international professional organization dedicated to corporate renewal and turnaround management. Prior to entering private practice, he was a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Judge Leslie Tchaikovsky of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Northern District of California.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Turnaround Management Association:
- Past President of Florida Chapter
- Florida Board Member
- Chair, 2015 Southeastern Regional Conference Education Committee
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section/UCC Committee
- Bench Bar Conference Participant, 2015
- Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association
- Graduate, Class of ’89 for Leadership Orlando
- Downtown Orlando Partnership
- Emory University School of Law, J.D. with honors, 2001
- Rutgers College, B.A. Communication, 1998
Rate : $$$