James M. Fischer is chair of the firm’s Corporate and Securities Group. Jim represents both public and private clients in various industries including fintech, insurtech, healthtech, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical, transportation and logistics and general manufacturing.
Jim focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital/corporate venture capital and emerging companies, corporate restructurings, private securities offerings, divestitures and general corporate matters.
He also advises both individual and institutional clients in a variety of matters relating to investments in, and transactions with, domestic and foreign proprietary and high frequency trading firms’ incubators and related services providers.
In addition to the practice of law, Jim has previously served as a member of the board of directors of Trading Cross Connects US LLC and Trading Cross Connects Holdings Limited, providers of services to high frequency trading teams, and as the chairman of the board of trustees of the American Herbal Products Association, a position to which he was elected on behalf of a client in the nutraceutical industry.
Jim served as a research assistant in the United Kingdom’s House of Commons and as an intern on Capitol Hill.
- Representation of the sale of an iconic high fashion modeling and talent agency.
- Representation of ENSO LP and affiliates, providers of data analytics to financial institutions, in its equity sale to ICAP plc.
- Representation of a manufacturer of chemicals and raw materials in its acquisition of a manufacturer of consumer plastic goods.
- Representation of Merck Global Health Innovation Fund in various emerging company equity investments and acquisitions.
- Representation of Cape Advisors in negotiation of joint ventures and consummation of equity raises and financing of multiple $100 million residential real estate developments in Manhattan.
- Representation of a privately held truck leasing, transportation and logistics company in various strategic acquisitions.
- Representation of Cape Resorts, a division of Cape Advisors, in refinancing of Congress Hall Hotel and equity raises in Cape May, New Jersey.
- Representation of a private equity firm in the sale of a multinational manufacturer in the transportation sector.
- Representation of Ascensus, the nation’s largest independent retirement plan services provider, in connection with its acquisition of Sallie Mae’s 529 college savings plan administrator, Upromise Investments.
- Representation of medical device design and manufacturing business in connection with its sale to a robotic-assisted surgery company.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2001, magna cum laude, Seton Hall Legislative Journal
- The Catholic University of America, B.A., 1998, summa cum laude
Bar Admissions : New Jersey, New York
Court Admissions : U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Rate : $$$