James A. Gale focuses his practice in the area of intellectual property counseling and litigation. Jim has represented clients in hundreds of cases involving patents, trademarks, copyrights, unfair competition, covenants not to compete, theft of trade secrets and internet disputes.
He has appeared in over 400 federal cases in more than 48 Federal District and Circuit Courts, as well as handled hundreds of injunctions in over 35 different states around the nation. Jim’s work and work ethics have always told a lot about his character.
In 1989 his story was featured in The American Lawyer. An accomplished intellectual property litigator, Jim’s client list includes national and international high-technology manufacturers, as well as traditional brick-and-mortar clients.
Jim was also appointed to the 11th Circuit Jury Instruction Panel to assist in drafting jury instructions for the recently enacted Federal Defend Trade Secrets Act. Jim is also an adjunct professor of trade secret and non-compete law at the University of Miami School of Law, and also was an adjunct professor of patent and trade secret law at Florida International School of Law.
- University of Florida School of Law, J.D., 1983
- University of Florida, B.S., 1980
BAR ADMISSIONS :
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Supreme Court of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Texas
- Chair, Inaugural Committee for Intellectual Property Law Certification, The Florida Bar, 2007 to 2010
- Former Chairman, Intellectual Property Committee, The Florida Bar, 2003 to 2005
- Board member, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization & Education Committee, 2010 to Present
- Member, American Chemical Society, 2015
- Member, Preliminary Relief Subcommittee of the Enforcement Committee, INTA, 2001 to 2012
- Member, Trade Secret Committee, AIPLA
- Co-Chair Litigation Subcommittee of the AIPLA Trade Secrets Committee, 2018 to Present
Rate : $$$