James A. Lamberth has close to 30 years of experience representing leading global businesses in high stakes business litigation at both the trial and appellate levels. Jim specializes in antitrust, complex contract litigation, business torts, and intellectual property disputes and also has extensive experience in fiduciary litigation.
Jim has represented companies in a broad range of industries, including the media, sports, entertainment, manufacturing, and telecommunications industries.
Representative Matters :
- Counsel to Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Time Warner Inc. in a contract dispute with Fox Sports Net South involving the launch of the new cable television network, Turner South.
- Counsel to the North American Coca-Cola bottling system in breach of contract action against its aluminum can sheet supplier.
- Counsel to Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. in an action brought against MGM Domestic Television Distribution, Inc. involving claims of breach of a film licensing agreement.
- Counsel to Siemens Electromechanical Components, Inc. in an antitrust action brought by Spectronics, Inc., a former distributor, involving claims of monopolization under Section 2 of the Sherman Act and other business torts.
- Counsel to E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company in an action arising out of the termination of a license agreement with a carpet manufacturer involving claims for violation of the Robinson-Patman Act and Section 1 of the Sherman Act.
- Counsel to major industrial company in a grand jury investigation conducted by the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice involving charges of criminal price fixing.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., with honors, 1987
- George Washington University, B.A., 1984
- Wake Forest University, 1980-1982
BAR ADMISSIONS :
- District of Columbia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
Rate : $$$