Jamie Ballinger is an associate and serves as the recruiting chair for Baker Donelson’s Knoxville office. Ms. Ballinger handles a wide variety of employment, professional liability and corporate issues in the health care, hospitality and manufacturing industries in both state and federal courts. She assists clients with compliance and litigation issues related to both state and federal laws, including Title VII, FLSA, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, USERRA, EPA and GINA.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., 2008, cum laude
- University of Tennessee, B.A., Rhetoric and Writing, 2001, summa cum laude
- Tennessee, 2008
- Kentucky, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, 2009
- Counseled local small business and employer to insure that all employees were properly classified and compensated in compliance with state and federal law during its growth into a new industry.
- Successfully defended a cardiologist and his group in a multi-year health care liability and wrongful death action.
- Counseled international company on compliance with U.S. employment laws related to the retention of a high level executive and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Implemented a Quality Improvement Committee (Peer Review) Program for a medical group practice.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Recipient – East Tennessee Lawyers’ Association for Women “Spirit of Justice Award” for advocacy for women in and outside of the legal profession (2017)
- Adjunct Faculty – University of Tennessee College of Law (2014 – present)
- President – East Tennessee Lawyers’ Association for Women (2014)
- Member – American, Tennessee and Knoxville Bar Associations
- Member – Hamilton Burnett American Inn of Court
Rate : $$$