Michael A. Kolcun has several years of experience representing clients ranging from large corporations to start-ups, investors, and individuals in a wide array of complex commercial litigation and intellectual property matters.
He has prosecuted and defended numerous actions in state courts in New York and Florida, as well as federal district, appellate, and bankruptcy courts throughout the country. Michael also provides analysis of current legal issues in the Robins Kaplan Trial Attorneys Blog.
Michael is committed to pro bono work and has advocated on behalf of children for the State of Florida’s Guardian ad Litem Program and Kids in Need of Defense (KIND), as well as individual artists and arts and cultural organizations in New York City for Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (VLA).
Prior to joining Robins Kaplan, Michael was a former in-house counsel to a Fortune 500 company and litigator at a class action law firm, where he gained extensive experience in appellate, health care, and labor and employment matters.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D. (2010)
- Florida State University, B.A. (2006)
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- New York County Lawyers’ Association
Rate : $$$