Jamond D. Perry advises major utilities and other clients on complex federal energy matters. Responsive to their real-time needs, Jamond helps clients navigate proceedings before FERC and other agencies. He also counsels on business issues involving energy policy and rulemaking.
Jamond helps clients, including natural gas pipeline companies, electric utilities and transmission companies, in proceedings before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and other federal agencies. He also counsels on national energy and FERC policies, including transmission and interconnection queuing practices.
Jamond draws on his experience as a law clerk to Commissioner Willie L. Phillips of the Public Service Commission of the District of Columbia, where he engaged on issues involving utilities regulation, clean energy and grid modernization.
While attending The George Washington University Law School, Jamond chose to pursue coursework in its Environmental and Energy Law Program. In addition to practicing at Troutman Sanders, Jamond was a summer associate at a boutique energy law firm in Washington, D.C.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Jamond earned a master’s degree in education and taught at a school in the Mississippi Delta, one of the poorest regions in the state. His ongoing interest in education extends to his pro bono work with Kids in Need of Defense, a nonprofit focused on protecting the rights of children who have experienced violence and poverty.
Representative Matters :
- Counseled a natural gas pipeline company in a high-stakes matter involving cost recovery on fuel tracker projects.
- Representing an electric utility in FERC proceedings pertaining to reactive power payments.
- Advised a nuclear industry trade association on a final rule of the U.S. Department of Energy involving the retirement of nuclear and coal plants.
- Represented a transmission owner in its interconnection request with respect to downsizing a project facility.
Professional Experience : Law Clerk, Electric and Natural Gas, D.C. Public Service Commission, 2016
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2017
- University of Mississippi, M.C.I., 2014
- Berea College, B.A., 2012
- University of Oxford, St. Catherine’s College, 2011
BAR ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$