For nearly twenty years, Jared Roberts has concentrated his practice on civil litigation and dispute resolution, from out-of-court settlement and negotiation through trials and appeals on all levels. These disputes often concern commercial transactions, contracts, real property law, disputes between property owners and governments (including property tax appeals), professional licensing defense and intellectual property.
His clients include individual professionals, entrepreneurs and entities of all sorts, some of Michigan’s leading real estate brokerages, commercial and residential property owners, software firms and programmers, a parts designer and manufacturer, a building trades association, a television production company, and many others.
Jared also handles transactional work including real property transactions, leasing and related transactions, intellectual property transfers and licensing, trademark and copyright registration, maintenance and overall branding, and he provides general business and legal governance counseling to a variety of firms and individuals.
Jared’s transactional work and representation of property owners is also informed by his ownership of a growing portfolio of Downtown Lansing rental apartments and multi-family buildings. His litigation work is informed by his many years as an Adjunct Professor at the Michigan State College of Law, where he taught research and writing for twelve years, and remedies for three years. He attributes his creativity and courtroom poise in part to many years spent as a professional pianist and keyboard player prior to concentrating on legal pursuits.
- Dean Charles H. King Scholars Program, Michigan State University College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1999)
- Saginaw Valley State University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1996)
Bar & Court Admissions:
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California;pro hoc vice
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida;pro hoc vice
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia;pro hoc vice
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- State Bar of Michigan
- Litigation Section
- Arts, Communication, Entertainment, and Sports Section
- Ingham County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Young Lawyers Section (2000-2001)
- American Bar Association Advisory Panel
Rate : $$$