Jason I. Blanchard focuses his practice on the areas of bankruptcy, corporate restructuring and debtors’ and creditors’ rights. Having a depth of experience clerking for a bankruptcy judge, Jason is intimately familiar with the many facets of bankruptcy practice and litigation.
He also has experience representing private and public entities in state and federal courts, which gives him insight into the needs of a variety of clients.
- Represented a creditor in a chapter 11 bankruptcy case in negotiating and consummating a sale of commercial real estate to the debtor.
- Experience navigating § 363 asset sales of operating entities and nonprofit companies, post-petition financings, the rejection and assumption of executory contracts, and chapter 11 plan confirmation issues.
- Experience with international insolvency matters, including recognition under chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Represented clients in insurance defense actions, disputes concerning public and private construction projects, and corporate and commercial litigation matters.
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2011; Articles Editor, Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial and Commercial Law
- B.S., Management, Tulane University, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New Jersey
Rate : $$$$