Jason Villalba is a financial lawyer in Foley Gardere’s corporate practice group in Dallas. He focuses his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, private securities and general corporate law. Mr.
Villalba has experience in a wide array of corporate transactions including: mergers, acquisitions and divestitures of public, private and middle-market companies; venture capital and private equity financing transactions; transactions involving emerging growth and technology companies; public offerings of securities under the Securities Act of 1933; and public company corporate compliance under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
A significant number of Mr. Villalba’s clients conduct their primary operations within the technology sector. As a result, he has developed and cultivated a unique practice experience centering on technology-centric companies and transactions.
Mr. Villalba’s corporate practice includes the following:
- Representing and advising middle-market companies with respect to the sale, exchange or divesture of such companies’ stock or assets.
- Representing private equity funds, venture capital funds and strategic companies in effecting mergers and acquisition strategies and roll-up transactions.
- Representing and advising entrepreneurs, start-up companies and technology companies with respect to corporate formation and organization, drafting and implementation of business plans, and obtaining initial and subsequent rounds of venture capital and/or private equity financing.
- Representing and advising venture capital funds, private equity companies, and “Angel” investors with respect to investments in early-stage emerging growth companies, technology companies middle-market companies.
- Representing and advising public companies with respect to the issuance of securities in public offerings and PIPES transactions.
- Representing and advising public companies with respect to the issuance of private notes pursuant to Rule 144 A of the Securities Act of 1933, and the subsequent exchange of such private notes for publicly traded notes.
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, (1996)
- B.B.A., Baylor University, (1992)
- Texas (1996)
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Texas House of Representatives (District 114)
- Member, Economic Development and Small Business Committee
- Member, Business and Industry Committee
- Member, Environmental Regulations Committee (83rd Legislative Session)
- Member, Select Committee on Redistricting (interim session after the 83rd Legislative Session)
- Chairman Emeritus, Republican National Hispanic Assembly, Dallas Chapter
- Immediate Past Vice-Chair, Dallas County Republican Party
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Business Law Section
- Past Chairman, Venture Capital and Private Equity Committee
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
Community Involvement :
- Board Member and Secretary, GrowSouth Fund
- Member, Development Committee, Dallas Zoo
- Member, Dallas Children’s Trust
Rate : $$$