Jay D. Dealy’s experience includes litigating a variety of commercial contract and tort actions on behalf of large corporations and financial institutions, as well as representing clients in white-collar matters and conducting internal investigations.
Jay has experience in all phases of litigation, including the pleading stage, discovery, motion practice, trial, and appeal.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented a major magazine publisher in connection with antitrust and tort claims seeking $1 billion in damages.
- Represented multiple indenture trustees in connection with their duties administering CDOs, including litigation concerning the propriety of certain hedge agreements and payments to noteholders.
- Following a five-week trial, obtained a unanimous verdict of no liability on contract and fraud claims on behalf of an aircraft manufacturer.
- Developed interpretation of non-standard term in interest rate swap agreements permitting early, advantageous settlement of breach of contract claim.
- Secured dismissal on summary judgment of plaintiff hospitals’ key claims for reimbursement on behalf of a major Medicaid managed care provider.
- Secured dismissal from shareholder litigation of an investment bank that provided a fairness opinion in connection with a corporate merger.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 2007
- B.A., Middlebury College, 1998
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$$