Jeffrey K. Logan is a business litigator concentrating on intellectual property and entertainment litigation. Jeff litigates matters involving copyright, trademark, right of publicity, trade secret, and unfair competition claims.
He also has extensive experience in royalty litigations, commercial contract disputes and corporate dissolution and derivative matters. Jeff has represented individual and corporate clients in matters in several states, including trials in state and federal courts, arbitrations, and administrative proceedings.
Jeff’s clients include entertainers, recording artists, producers, publicists, managers, executives, post-production facilities, and other industry professionals and business entities in the entertainment, multimedia, and toy industries.
Representative Matters :
- Defending new branding of television and entertainment network in trademark litigations in federal court and before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Representing prominent recording artists, songwriters and production companies in royalty audits and contract disputes in state and federal courts in California, New York, and Tennessee.
- Defending magazine publisher against invasion of privacy claims.
- Representing entertainers in disputes with managers, agents, and other professionals.
- Representing shareholders and insiders in corporate dissolution and derivative claims.
- Representing heirs of shareholder in recovering seven-figure arbitration award under buy-sell agreement.
- J.D. University of Texas School of Law 1988
- B.S. University of Texas 1983
Bar Admissions : California, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
Community : Jeff serves on the board of directors of the Committee of 300 of Long Beach, Inc. and as a volunteer for Long Beach Junior Crew. He also provides pro bono assistance for hosting and production of an annual charity golf tournament to benefit a nonprofit children’s center.
Rate : $$$$