Jeffrey S. Elkins is a partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Construction Litigation Practice Group. Jeff represents clients in federal and state court at the trial and appellate levels. He counsels developers, contractors, material suppliers, design professionals, and sureties in disputes involving construction defect claims, delay claims, construction lien issues, and contract disputes.
Additionally, Jeff assists corporations and individuals in a broad range of disputes involving complex commercial litigation, real estate litigation, commercial and residential landlord/tenant litigation, commercial and consumer collections, mortgage and lien foreclosures, insurance disputes, and tax issues. Jeff has also been a speaker at seminars on construction litigation and commercial litigation.
- Florida State University College of Law, cum laude, J.D. 2007
- Florida State University College of Business, B.S., Finance, 2004
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Chair, An Afternoon at the State Courthouse
- Chair, Law Clerk Liaison Committee
- Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association
- All Florida State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
Rate : $$$$