Jenna N. Rode’s practice focuses on privacy and cybersecurity law. Jenna is a member of the firm’s global privacy and cybersecurity practice. She routinely assists clients with issues related to privacy and data protection, data breaches and matters involving the use, sharing and protection of sensitive information.
Jenna also has experience assisting clients with legal issues relating to big data and working with clients to navigate advertising, retail and e-commerce initiatives.
Active in pro bono work, she has worked with Her Justice, an organization providing pro bono matrimonial and custody-related legal services to low-income women in New York.
- Regularly advises clients (including in the fields of technology, media, health care, finance, educational, retail) in all aspects of cybersecurity incident response, including investigation, preparation of required notifications pursuant to state data breach notification laws, call center training, development of media strategies, and regulatory response.
- Regularly advises clients on compliance with global data breach notification laws and regulations.
- Assists companies with proactive cyber incident readiness, including analyzing cybersecurity risks, addressing policy issues and drafting incident response plans.
- Advises clients on privacy-related regulatory compliance with COPPA, Gramm-Leach Bliley Act, and HIPAA.
- Advises clients on cross-Atlantic data transfers and European data protection regulations, specifically Privacy Shield and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance.
- Advises clients on compliance with FTC data privacy guidance, especially with regard to mobile devices.
- JD, Fordham University School of Law, 2013
- BS, Fordham University, 2008
- New York
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
Rate : $$$