Jennifer Avery-Emani is a corporate partner in the Chicago office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Jennifer focuses on complex transactions including leveraged buyouts, domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, as well as general corporate representations for private / family owned companies, publicly held corporations, and private equity funds and their portfolio companies.
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 2008 cum laude
- Duke University School of Law, LL.M., International and Comparative Law, 2008
- Stanford University, B.A., American Studies (Politics, Policy, Economics), 2000
- 2013, Illinois
- 2011, New York
- Conversion of an international hospitality brand from a membership organization to a for-profit corporation and public reporting company.
- Sale of a business unit conducting outside plant services, including aerial, underground and wireless infrastructure construction for cable and communications networks, to a public company strategic buyer.
- Public media company sales of outdoor advertising assets across the United States and Latin America.
- Merger of two leading federal government contractors providing IT modernization and business intelligence services, including software development, data analytics, mobility, and cyber security.
- Private equity acquisition of a commercial, industrial and residential construction supply company and subsequent add-on acquisition.
- Add-on acquisitions of apparel, uniform, and specialized fire retardant clothing companies by a private equity portfolio company.
- Corporate restructuring of an operator of premier showroom space for home décor industry in connection with its planned initial public offering.
- Legal and Business Strategy Consultant, 2012–2014
- Thompson & Knight LLP, 2008–2011
- US Peace Corps – Guatemala, 2002–2004
Rate : $$$$