Jenny R. Goltz represents management’s labor and employment interests for a diverse client base of employers in the finance, higher education, health care, and manufacturing industries, among others.
Jenny defends employers in a wide variety of employment litigation, including discrimination matters, wage and hour class action litigation, restrictive covenant disputes, and wrongful termination actions in both state and federal court. She also regularly handles charges and lawsuits before administrative agencies. She also has experience defending employers in labor arbitrations.
In addition to her litigation practice, Jenny regularly counsels employers regarding compliance matters arising under state and federal laws including the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the WARN Act, state wage and hour laws, Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and various federal and state civil rights laws.
Jenny also handles traditional labor matters for employers, including labor arbitrations and unfair labor practice charges. She regularly tries cases in arbitration, administrative hearings, and in court.
Jenny is on the firm’s Technology Committee and one of the chairs of the Labor & Employment Department’s Innovation Committee. She is chair of the planning committee for the American Bar Association Annual Symposium on Technology in the Workplace.
Jenny earned her undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan and her law degree, magna cum laude, from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, J.D., magna cum laude, 2006
- University of Michigan, B.A., 2003
BAR ADMISSIONS : Illinois
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court — Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Associate Delegate to the Coallition for Women’s Initiatives in Law Firms
Rate : $$$