For more than 20 years, Jeremy J. Glenn has represented management in all facets of labor and employment litigation and counseling matters. Jeremy’s practice encompasses negotiations and disputes that arise from the onset of the employer-employee relationship.
He has defended class action wage and hour/overtime disputes, EEO class actions, and retaliatory discharge cases. He has obtained TROs and preliminary injunctions in response to labor disputes and tried dozens of labor arbitrations along with leading collective bargaining negotiations for employers and employee associations covering thousands of employees.
Jeremy has experience with investigations and litigation with the EEOC, OFCCP, and Department of Labor, and infuses these lessons into counseling clients to close-out government audits and avoid litigation. Jeremy currently serves as the managing partner for the firm’s Chicago office.
Jeremy’s counseling emphasizes a proactive approach to human resources counseling to help his clients avoid litigation through effective workplace policies, procedures, and training programs and these innovative ideas led to appearances on CBS’ The Early Show with Bryant Gumbel and in Crain’s Business Insurance magazine.
Jeremy regularly speaks and writes for employer associations and national publications on employment law topics. He is an active leader in the American Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Section and has held numerous leadership positions including co-chair of the ABA’s Federal Labor Standards Legislation Committee, the largest committee devoted to federal wage and hour laws.
He is the past editor-in-chief of the Age Discrimination in Employment Law Treatise supplement, a senior editor of Bloomberg’s BNA Wage and Hour Laws: A State by State Survey, past chair of the ABA Subcommittee on the ADEA and past co-chair of the section’s monthly newsletter.
In addition, he is an active member of the Wage and Hour Defense Institute. Jeremy received his law degree from the University of Iowa, with high honors, and served on the executive board for the Moot Court program.
Prior to law school Jeremy graduated from Drake University where he received the outstanding business student award and served on the National Alumni Advisory Board as a leader of the Chicago area alumni association. Outside of the firm, he chairs the board of the Olive Branch Mission, the oldest continuously operating emergency and transitional housing shelter in Chicago.
- University of Iowa, J.D., with honors, 1997
- Drake University, B.S.B.A., 1994
BAR ADMISSIONS : Illinois
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court — Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court — Southern District of Illinois
- American Bar Association: Labor & Employment Section and Federal Labor Standards Legislation Committee; Management Chair, Leadership Development Program
- Chicago Bar Association: Labor & Employment Committee
- Wage & Hour Defense Institute-Litigation Counsel of America
Rate : $$$