Jessica Parker Malchow is a Florida Bar Certified Real Estate Attorney and a member of the real estate practice team for the Orlando office. She assists clients in complex, multifaceted real estate activities and financing transactions. Jessica thinks creatively and works closely with clients and their consultants to accomplish the clients’ ultimate goals.
- Served as lead attorney assisting a major private hospitality company with the acquisition of more than 27 hotel sites and entry into various multisite loan transactions in connection with such acquisitions. Assisted in carefully crafting purchase agreements for the circumstances unique to each site, evaluating diligence information for hotel operations, reviewing title and survey matters, and preparing noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements in connection with transfers of properties and franchises/brands. Assisted in less traditional methods of property acquisition through deeds in lieu of foreclosure and acquisition of existing debt encumbrances against properties and subsequent foreclosure of those properties.
- Served as one of the lead attorneys responsible for negotiation and drafting of a complex purchase and sale agreement and ancillary documents, as well as extensive due diligence activities, in the acquisition of a premier hotel in Orlando for more than $700 million. Worked closely with the client to address operational, transitional, employment, intellectual property, construction and other issues that arose during transaction.
- Concluded a deed in lieu transaction on behalf of a private lender for a lending institution for a vacant beach-front property in which borrower, a residential developer, made a lump sum payment toward outstanding principal, at which point the loan terms were modified and the remaining debt was secured by multiple new guaranties and additional subordinated mortgages against a variety of other properties in multiple states.
- Served as one of the lead attorneys for the closing of a construction loan in excess of $101,000,000 for the development of a student housing project that will also include retail space and a parking facility, and a simultaneous construction loan in excess of $13,000,000 for the development of a branded hotel on the adjacent parcel. The project was already under construction prior to the loans closing, necessitating the resolution of multiple contractor lien related issues.
- The Florida Bar: Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Central Florida Real Estate Attorneys Council (CFREAC), President (2014 to 2016)
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW): Board of Directors, Director of Programs (2010)
- Girl Scouts of Citrus Council, Inc., Former Chair/President Board of Directors (2008 to 2010)
- Habitat Orlando Women Build Project, Former Steering Committee Chair (2010)
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2003, with honors
- B.A., Florida State University, 1999, magna cum laude
Admissions : Florida
Rate : $$$