Meagan Martin focuses her practice on labor and employment law, advising and representing clients with respect to a wide scope of labor and employment law issues. Meg also handles matters regarding accessibility compliance under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). As a former assistant state attorney, she brings to her practice a background of significant trial experience and a diligent approach to her clients’ needs.
- Represented a national financial services company in an FLSA lawsuit. Drafted opposition to the plaintiff’s motion for conditional certification, which resulted in the court’s denial of conditional certification of a statewide class.
- Represented a private school in a breach of contract case brought by a terminated teacher. Conducted written discovery and the plaintiff’s deposition. The plaintiff dismissed her case with prejudice after her deposition.
- Served as first chair on behalf of a public agency in a grievance arbitration brought by the employees’ union.
- Drafted contracts for international, national and local businesses, including executive employment agreements and separation and severance agreements (for individuals and as a result of reductions in force).
- Advised a company involved in a bankruptcy proceeding regarding various employment issues.
- Federal Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers
Community : Coalition for the Homeless: Board of Directors, Doug Spencer Golf Challenge
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 2010; with honors; Stetson Law Review, Articles and Symposia Editor; Moot Court Board Member; Honors Program; Richard A. Harrison Scholarship; Gariann Vause Memorial Scholarship; Victor O. Wehle Trial Advocacy Award
- M.Ed., Program of Study in Organizational Leadership, Vanderbilt University, 2007
- B.S., Political Science, Vanderbilt University, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
Rate : $$$